Thursday, September 2, 2010

Friday Finds, Berry Style: Strawberry Shortcake Treats

Strawberry Shortcake Star Comics 1Last week's X-Men Friday Finds theme was in anticipation of frolicking about at Baltimore Comic-Con. True to my thrifty mutation, I picked many X-Men comic books from $.25 and $1 bins. I even splurged a blueberry bit and bought Uncanny X-Men #350 for $10. *pets shiny foil cover* I had been waiting to read the trial of Gambit for years, and devoured it as soon as we reached our hotel room Saturday night.

Sunday I stumbled upon an even more delicious comic book - Strawberry Shortcake's Great Pie-Baking Contest! It was printed in April 1985, when I was only three years old. I still have the original dolls from my childhood, and even snagged the entire 80's cartoon series on VHS off eBay several years ago. In the afterglow of adding this sweet book to my collection, today's handmade finds from Etsy are devoted to Strawberry Shortcake and her berry friends.

Handmade Strawberry Shortcake Finds on Etsy
1. Strawberry Shortcake Doll by BoriDolls Creations

2. Strawberry Shortcake Travel Crayon Holder by Crafts By Nancy

3. Strawberry Shortcake Pitcher and Glasses by CCC Glass

4. Strawberry Shortcake Record Bowl by Vinyl Conversion

17 comments :

  1. Wouldn't it be fun to be Strawberry Shortcake :) T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the dolls and crayon holder!!

    Hopping over from the blog hop! Happy Friendly Friday!

    Hope to see you hopping okay to my blog to say "Hi". I always return the love (follows/comments). See you soon!

    Kerin
    hergoodintentions.blogpot.com
    Twitter: @hgimomblog (I follow back)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved these finds- thanks for sharing with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The felt dolls are adorable!

    Following you from Weekend Blog Hop! Come visit and follow back!
    Sofia
    http://frompdxwithlove.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks so much for including my glassware.I love your blog. My oldest daughter loved(still loves..lol) strawberry shortcake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Strawberry Shortcake! A few years ago, Kohl's came out with a pair of pajama pants that had her on them, and I ended up getting them for my birthday from two different people, so ever since I've had two pair of identical Strawberry Shortcake PJ pants lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're welcome, Jocelyn!

    That's funny, Candles! I have two Nightmare Before Christmas Sally blankets because I got them for my birthday from two different people, too. I loved the design so much I couldn't bear to return either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there,

    Stopping by to say hi. Thanks for the comment on my page...I am glad that I came over to see this post. I loved Strawberry Shortcake when I was a little girl. I still have one of the dolls actually. :)

    Marie
    TTWFI

    (Oh...I voted for you at Picket Fence blogs)

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is a wicked find!!! I used to have a couple of the dolls too, they had scented plastic baking

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just clicked through and my fiancee Heather had an absolute fit... she had that issue of the Strawberry Shortcake comic when she was a kid. Thanks for the smiles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi - I found you on Etsy and thought I'd come by and say hello! Really nice blog you have. I love the Strawberry Shortcake stuff. She is one of my favorites from my childhood. I collect the dolls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great stuff! I loved Strawberry Shortcake when I was little. When I was a teenager I actually had a comic book with some friends that circulated through the Pittsburgh Comic book convention and the one in Toronto, it was called The Misfits. I was a collector of Michael Turner's stuff -- mostly Witchblade and Fathom. Your post brought back some great memories for me -- Thanks! : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! I loved Strawberry Shortcake as a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was just in a store tonight and was looking at Strawberry Shortcake dolls. My daughter played with them as a little girl, and it brought back lovely memories.
    Sounds like you had fun at the Con!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so fairy much for fluttering by my blog. Feedback makes me sparkle! Unless it is mean - please keep that poison for yourself.